Intramural Activities consist of over 100 student staff officiating and administering activities such as soccer, flag football, basketball, volleyball, cooking competitions, trivia nights, and more. Staff go through paid training programs to learn everything they need before stepping on the field or court. All intramural staff receive a free Intramural Orange Membership!
Entry Level Positions
- Provide a positive attitude toward workers and participants.
- Have knowledge of rules and regulations.
- Attend clinics and meetings.
- Officiate intramural sporting events such as basketball, football, broomball, in-line hockey, soccer, softball, and volleyball to the best of your ability.
- Officials are encouraged to officiate at least 3 sports during a year; specifically 1 each season.
Esport and Virtual Programming Manager
- Assist with the design, development, and implementation of a comprehensive virtual and Esports program
- Prepare and maintain leagues, tournaments, and playoff schedules
- Manage, maintain, update, and promote the UIUC Intramural Sports Discord server
- Assess initiatives and make recommendations to ensure the program is in line with the latest trends
- Demonstrate a high commitment to the values of customer satisfaction and friendliness
- Other duties as assigned
Intramural Sports Supervisor
- Requires experience as a Campus Recreation Intramural Official before applying for the position.
- Manages and assists in supervising nightly intramural activities.
- Often oversees multiple courts/fields.
- Assists the Intramural Sport Lead in ensuring that games start on time and any in-game disputes are handled amicably.
- Provide direct feedback to game officials on how they can improve.
- The intramural supervisor position is a stepping stone to reach the Intramural Sport Lead position.
Intramural Sport Lead
- At least 1-semester experience as an Intramural Sports Supervisor.
- Manages and coordinates a team sport each season.
- Responsible for the development of officials training for their respective sports as well as the officials' staff schedules.
- Provides feedback and guidance to the Intramural supervisors regarding officials' development.
- Requires experience as Campus Recreation Intramural Official before applying for the position.
- The Program Assistant oversees the efficient operation of the IM office.
- Records and updates data, disseminate information to the participants of the intramural sports, and provide technical support to the IM staff.
- Program Assistants are the daily connection to participants.