Guests and Visitors
Campus Recreation members are eligible to sponsor up to two guests at the daily guest fee. In addition, faculty/staff and students who are not Campus Recreation members may sponsor themselves and up to two guests per day.
Have a guest visiting for the weekend? Weekend guest passes are available from 5 pm Friday valid through close of business on Sunday. See Member Services for details.
- May enter at no charge if three (3) years old or younger only during designated Children’s Hours and break periods.
- If 16 years or older, must provide a state-issued photo ID with date of birth and address listed and provide a phone number and email address.
- The sponsor must remain with the host while using the facility (to include any re-entry).
- To re-enter a facility, a guest must present state-issued photo identification, receipt, and be accompanied by their sponsor. Member Services will verify the re-entry.
- The guest must be known to the host.
- The guest may not ask individuals whom they do not know to sponsor them.
- May check out equipment for his/her guest by presenting a valid i-card to Member Services.
- Is limited to sponsoring/hosting up to two guests per day per valid ID.
- Any guests entering the facilities on business, or requesting a tour of the building, must check-in at Member Services.
Want the flexibility to bring your children in at your leisure throughout the year? Check out the Children’s Pass available at Member Services.
Children’s passes can be bought in bundles of 1,5, 10 or 20. Two children can enter on one (1) punch. Purchase at ARC or CRCE Member Services.
- Must be a current Campus Recreation member to purchase a pass.
- Members must accompany children 15 and under at all times while utilizing the punched pass.
- Children ages 16 and 17 may enter Campus Recreation facilities without a guardian present.
- Only valid during children’s hours.
- All Children’s policies apply including restricted areas of use.
- One punch permits two children 17 and under admittance for the punched day.
- Limit of two children per adult.
- No refunds on passes or punched days.
- Passes may not be exchanged in order to use the remaining punches once the pass has expired.
In the fall and spring semesters, those times are 4-8pm on Fridays and 9am-8pm on Saturdays and Sundays. During break periods (this includes summer), children’s memberships are honored at the ARC and CRCE during all facility hours. During Children’s Hours, daily passes for guests ages 4-17 are reduced to $5/per guest and, children ages 3 and under are free.
Access to ARC/CRCE Outside Children’s Hours
Children ages 17 and under may use ARC or CRCE during regular facility hours only when they are with a sponsoring parent and legal guardian and have purchased a full price daily guest pass.
It is the policy of Campus Recreation to enable University departmental visitors to use recreational facilities during their stay. One of the factors that affect the policy is the length of the visit. The policies for such use are listed below.
- Visitors may purchase a Campus Recreation membership for that length of time by paying the appropriate fee provided their assignment with the University remains current during their membership. To do so, they must show a Visitor Card and letter from their department stating their length of appointment.
- Visitors for periods of a week or less are entitled to purchase only daily guest passes for the appropriate fee.
- Visitors for periods of more than one (1) week but less than eight (8) weeks may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a prorated membership.
- The spouse of a visitor is afforded the same privileges as the visitor. When purchasing a pass, they should present his/her spouse’s Visitor Card and letter from the sponsoring department.
- Dependents of visitors may purchase passes only in accordance with the Children’s Pass Policy above.
Illini Union Hotel and I-Hotel Guests
Guests may obtain a voucher from their hotel validating the dates of their stay. This voucher may be presented at Member Services, allowing the guest to obtain a guest pass to Campus Recreation facilities.
Department, institute, or other campus-sponsored conferences may purchase guest passes on an individual basis, by either of the following methods:
- Departments may send a list of attendees (of a meeting/course they are sponsoring) to Member Services. The list will be posted in Member Services where visitors whose name appears on the list may purchase the daily pass upon showing a photo ID.
- Departments who wish to pay for their attendees’ recreation privileges may send a list of attendees to email@example.com. Daily passes will be issued for each guest for the period specified by the department. The department then must forward a voucher for the total amount due for the passes at the time the passes are picked up.