The marketing team uses their expertise in media, communications, and advertising to elevate Campus Rec’s mission of providing a welcoming environment and programs that inspire the University community to engage in recreation and wellness.
Marketing Assistants – Social Media
Our marketing team executes the story-telling strategies for programs, events, and facilities within the scope of the Illini Union, Campus Recreation, and McKinley Health Center.
The Auxiliary, Health and Wellbeing Marketing Team has a part-time student position open for a creative and innovative individual, to create and produce high-quality social media engagement that accurately educates, entertains, and engages audiences in an effort to increase awareness about various events and programs happening within our units.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Social media management and content creation for the Illini Union, Campus Recreation, and McKinley as assigned.
- Experiential marketing event execution.
- Assisting in general marketing support duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Organizational and Working Relationships
Social Media Assistants report to marketing staff members (direct supervisor will depend on unit working in). This position does not supervise any others. Training will be provided.
Education and Experience
Must be enrolled for at least 6 credit hours during Fall and Spring semesters, and at least 3 hours during the Summer semester. If not currently enrolled in the Summer semester, the student must have been enrolled for at least 6 credit hours in the previous Spring semester or be enrolled for at least 6 credit hours in the upcoming Fall semester. Must be enrolled for at least 6 credit hours during Fall and Spring semesters, and at least 3 hours during the Summer semester. If not currently enrolled in the Summer semester, the student must have been enrolled for at least 6 credit hours in the previous Spring semester or be enrolled for at least 6 credit hours in the upcoming Fall semester. (HR approval required for less than part-time status)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be familiar with social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, Tik Tok.
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a creative team.
- Have basic computer skills and the ability to use/learn software.
- Must be highly motivated.
- Must be willing to learn new skills.
- Must be able to take direction well.
- Must be able to work possible evenings and on weekends at events.
- Attend a new employee orientation.
- Attend monthly social media team meetings.
- Be appropriately dressed and maintain a professional and clean working atmosphere
Employment Starting Pay Rate, Dates, and Times
$14/hour with increase eligibility over time. A minimum one-year commitment is required. 10-15 hour commitment per week scheduled M-F between 8:30 am-5 pm (some night and weekend work required at events).
- Improve problem-solving skills and independently refine content and your ideas.
- Improve efficiency in time and project management.
- Develop a clear understanding of appropriate methods of verbal, written, and web-oriented communication with different audiences and in different settings.
- Learn to work effectively as part of a creative team.
How to Apply
Click on the “Apply Now” button below to begin your application and be sure to select “MARKETING” as your first preference.