Go Green Sustainability
How We’re Green
- CRCE and the ARC are part of the Runtime Reduction Program regarding heat/air usage.
- Ice Arena locker room and lobby benches are made from recycled plastic.
- Adventure Center countertop is made from 100% recycled wood.
- Installation of automatic towel dispensers and foam soap dispensers at all facilities. Foam soap is a green product.
- Ice Arena has an Astro-foil ceiling: it is reflective, providing additional light while not absorbing heat. Between new cooling towers, a new ceiling, new lights, and a low-emissivity foil system, the energy load at the Ice Arena should be reduced by 30-45%.
- All lighting, indoors and outdoors, has been changed to LED, fluorescent, metal halide, or mercury vapor.
- Two synthetic turf fields cut down on seed, water, fertilizer, pesticides, and herbicides.
- Switching to green cleaning chemicals wherever possible, as well as installing automatic dispensers to ensure we are getting the right ratio of water to chemicals instead of depending on each person to always use the right ratio.
- Recycling sorting containers throughout facilities.
- Print materials on recycled paper.
- Light sensors in racquetball courts and offices.
- Water reduction with dual-flush toilets, low-flow urinals, and automatic faucets at all facilities.
- Certified as a green-cleaning department.
- A solar-thermal system has been installed to heat the indoor pool.