Illini Grove Policies
- All patrons are expected to follow the Campus Recreation and University of Illinois codes of conduct. View all policies at campusrec.illinois.edu/policies.
- Infliction or threat of bodily harm, whether done intentionally or with reckless disregard, including threat or action in retaliation for making allegations of misconduct, is prohibited.
- Use of abusive language and sexual misconduct is prohibited
- Alcohol, tobacco products, electronic cigarettes, illegal drugs, firearms, and other weapons are strictly prohibited in or near Campus Recreation facilities.
- Participation in all activities is voluntary and all individuals knowingly assume all risks when they take part in informal or programmed recreational activities. Each participant also has a responsibility to use prudent and ordinary care in their actions. The University of Illinois and Campus Recreation are not liable for injuries sustained during participation in an activity or program.
- Children, 15 and under, must be supervised by a parent, guardian, or responsible adult (age 18 or over) at all times.
- Groups or individuals using the facilities have the responsibility of leaving their site in as good as or better condition than they found it.
- Campus Recreation staff has the authority to cancel any activity at any time due to weather conditions.
- Use discretion regarding music. Be aware of the residential and community dwellings as well as other groups in and near Illini Grove. Explicit lyrics are prohibited.
- Grilling is allowed only on Campus Recreation-provided grills, and fires should be confined to these grills. Fires must be completely extinguished by the group before leaving.
- Parking within the perimeter of the Illini Grove is prohibited. Metered parking is available on surrounding streets.
- Clean up after your pets. Pets must be on a leash.
- Report any damaged or faulty equipment, maintenance issues, or other concerns to a Campus Recreation employee.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for any damaged, lost, or stolen items.
- Photos and videos may be taken of informal recreation and programs by Campus Recreation or the University of Illinois and used for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Campus Recreation staff must approve signs, banners, and bulletin board postings.
- The unauthorized use of video, photography, and recording devices is prohibited. Publicly showing copyrighted movies and instructional videos is prohibited.
- Priority usage goes to reservations.
- The Illini Grove can be reserved between 8 am-10 pm daily.
- Restrooms are available only to accommodate reservations.
- The pavilion and individual grill and table sites can be reserved for a fee by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Campus Recreation members have priority. The Illini Grove is restricted to persons affiliated with the University of Illinois including Faculty, Staff, Alumni, Graduate Students, Undergraduate Students, and guests of these groups. Groups must include 50%, university-affiliated individuals.
- Individuals or groups reserving facility space for activities are responsible for the conduct and actions of those associated with and participating in the event. Any damage to the facility and/ or equipment or violations of policies is the responsibility of the individual/groups reserving the space and must be reported immediately. The reserving party is also responsible for any charges associated with these damages at the discretion of Campus Recreation.