Students and Alumni
Full-Time Illinois Students
*Current full-time Illinois students are automatically members, provided they have been assessed the Student Service Fee. Students registered for at least six hours (three hours during Summer Sessions) are typically assessed the Student Service Fee, which supports Campus Recreation programs. These students are automatically Campus Recreation members and may enter any Campus Recreation facility with their i-card or Illinois App QR code.
Those with fewer hours or who are exempt from the Student Service Fee can pay the service fee at the office of the University Bursar (100 Henry Administration Bldg) in order to become Campus Recreation members.
The Campus Recreation membership affords the student member the following privileges:
- Access to all recreational sports facilities to include:
- Activities and Recreation Center (ARC)
- Campus Recreation Center East (CRCE)
- Ice Arena
- Privilege of sponsoring up to two guests per day at the daily fee.
- Eligibility to sponsor one non-university affiliate for Associate membership. The Associate Member is eligible to purchase a membership for the same duration (fall, spring, or summer) as the student sponsor.
- Eligibility to participate in programs offered by Campus Recreation.
- Discounted rates for select programs offered by Campus Recreation.
- Students can sponsor spouses semester-by-semester with memberships at the student spouse rate. Can sponsor one other individual semester-by-semester at the associate rate.
- Students can sponsor an adult-dependent semester-by-semester with memberships at the faculty/staff rate. Can sponsor one other individual semester-by-semester at the associate rate.
- Students are eligible to purchase memberships only during summer sessions if not enrolled in classes.
Part-time students are not assessed the student fees that pay for Campus Recreation services. Therefore, to obtain such services, a part-time student may purchase a daily guest fee or request that the appropriate fees be assessed. Purchase of the Service Fee can be done beginning on the first day of instruction for the semester via a University Bursar deposit drop box or in-person at University Bursar Cashier Operations. When dropping off your cash or check payment, include your name, email address, UIN, and that the payment is for the Student Service Fee. Processing of drop box payments may be delayed. A copy of your receipt will be emailed to you once it has been processed. For more information, visit the Bursar’s website, call (217) 333-4870 or email BursarCashiersUIUC@uillinois.edu.
Regional Campus Students
Students enrolled at the University of Illinois on another campus such as UIC or UIS are eligible to purchase a daily guest pass to obtain access to Campus Rec facilities. Student fees paid at other campuses do not apply toward use of facilities at the Urbana-Champaign campus and are therefore nontransferable.
- Availability of alumni passes is limited.
- Before you can purchase an alumni membership at ARC or CRCE member services, you must FIRST complete and bring the Alumni Verification Form (pdf) to the Campus Recreation administrative office suite in the ARC to have your alumni status confirmed. The Campus Recreation office suite is open and available to verify alumni status from 9 am-Noon and 1-4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
- Alumni members are eligible to sponsor spouse/partner at same rate. Not eligible to sponsor additional Campus Recreation members.
You can purchase a membership at the ARC or CRCE Member services during facility hours. Bring your i-card or appropriate materials. You can pay with cash, check, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover).
|All Year||August 1 - July 31||$607|
|Fall Semester||August 1 - December 31||$304|
|Spring Semester||January 1 - May 31||$304|