Tuscan Mac and Cheese
Trying to spice up that box of pasta in the back of your cupboard? Try this veggie-packed Tuscan mac and cheese!
- 8 oz macaroni (or pasta of choice)
- 2 T. butter
- 3 t. garlic, finely chopped
- 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 t. Italian Seasoning
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- ¾ cup roasted red pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- Cook pasta according to box directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over butter and garlic and stir until all flour is incorporated and the mixture is thickened.
- Gradually whisk in heavy cream until the mixture is smooth.
- Turn heat to low and season sauce with salt, papper, and Italian seasoning. Add in shredded cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Fold pasta into sauce until well coated.
- Add roasted red peppers, spinach, and mushrooms and stir over low heat until spinach is tender.
Pesto Chicken Caprese Flatbread
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. pesto
- ½ c. chicken, roughly shredded
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 c. parmesan cheese, shredded
- Handful of basil leaves
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 450°F.
- Place both flatbreads on a shallow baking sheet and brush generously with olive oil.
- Prepare the toppings: Toss shredded chicken with pesto, Slice tomatoes in half, Roughly chop basil leaves
- Top flatbreads with mozzarella, tomatoes, and chicken. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 4-8 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from the oven.
- Top flatbreads with chopped basil and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.