Looking to host a fun team-building event, wellness workshop, or cooking class? The ARC Instructional Kitchen is the place.
The kitchen was renovated in 2020 with the help of American Campus to include a state-of-the-art audio/visual system, group stations, and an increased capacity of up to 50 patrons. Due to the pandemic, capacity is currently set to 10 individuals. The Instructional Kitchen looks forward to hosting your next large gathering in the future.
- Large digital displays for easy observation of the instructor
- Audio/Visual capabilities for presentations and demonstrations
- Group cooking at well-equipped kitchen stations
- Taught by Student Wellness employees with a passion for nutrition and wellness
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Harvest table for a family style meal to finish your event
- We are inclusive and accommodate all food preferences
Please Note: Food allergies and dietary restrictions may be accommodated with one-week advance notice to email@example.com. Not all requests can be accommodated.
Option 1: Custom Class
Looking for a fun and unique team building event or party? With a custom class request, we will work with you to plan a custom cooking class for you group. We will provide a menu, instructors, and groceries so you don’t have to worry about a thing!
Rates vary depending on student status, class duration, and grocery cost. The average total cost for a student group of 20 is approximately $200.
- $60 / single class
- $90 / two classes
- $110 / three classes
Illinois Campus Department
- $80 / single class
- $110 / two classes
- $120 / three classes
- $95 / single class
- $125 / two classes
- $145 / three classes
We schedule events based on student staff availability. Reservations are accepted for 9am – 9pm, 7 days per week. Campus Recreation has regularly scheduled programming in the space on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, so these times are not regularly available for reservation.
- We operate on a first come, first serve basis. Please submit your custom class request at least 4 weeks before your desired event date. This will give us enough time to plan all the details of your event.
- If you represent an RSO, you must send the RSO office your reservation request form at least 3-weeks prior to the event. We cannot confirm your event without their approval.
- Our kitchen space is limited to 30 people.
- Groceries are billed at-cost with no upcharge or service fee. Total grocery cost will be included in your bill. Groceries are usually $5-$10 per person but will vary with your chosen menu.
Option 2: Kitchen Reservation
Do you want to host a cooking class but need a place to do it? Reserve the Instructional Kitchen for your event! We will manage your reservation and provide you with a kitchen monitor to assist with setup and cleaning.
Option 3: Youth Party Packages
Enjoy your birthday making pita pizzas, cupcakes, and vegetable and fruit skewers. Children (ideal for ages 5-10) are educated on basic nutrition and balloon games and standard decorations are included. Small grab bags are also included for every attendee. Items can be added to these bags. Birthday guests see their name on the big screens in the Instructional Kitchen.