Student Wellness commits to:
- Engage the diverse Illinois students and other campus community members in opportunities to learn about, cook, taste and share health-supporting, sustainably-produced food.
- Educate about the culinary and other skills needed for planning, preparing, serving, and evaluating healthy meals.
- Provide a safe, clean and sustainable space for the campus community to engage in research, service-learning, experiential learning, and personal growth and development.
- Utilize culinary education as a part of a strategy to improve food security, employment opportunities, and simultaneously improve health for underserved individuals and the campus community.
- (Re) Connect a positive food experience with the growing of local, whole, and more sustainably produced food.
- Demonstrate viability of hands-on experience with healthy food preparation and tasting for improving eating habits and life-long health
Instructional Kitchen Programs