Get Fresh! is a seasonal foods program that aims to increase the availability, accessibility, and consumption of fresh produce on campus.
Get Fresh! is extremely cost-effective for students, faculty, and staff. This program is offered through a collaboration between Student Wellness, McKinley Health Center, and Student Sustainable Farm. Participants will pick up their re-usable Get Fresh! tote of seasonal fruit and vegetables every Tuesday of the program between 1 pm and 4 pm in the ARC Instructional Kitchen. Included in the pick-up will be recipes and educational resources for participants to enjoy.
*Groceries that are not picked up on Tuesday between 1 and 4 p.m. will be donated. Thank you!
*80% of our produce will be coming from the University of Illinois Student Sustainable Farm.
- Get Fresh! re-usable grocery tote
- A variety of seasonal produce each week
- (3) recipes each week for ideas on how to use your produce
- Educational resources prepared by Peer Nutrition Educators from McKinley Health
- Convenient campus location for grocery pick-up (ARC Instructional Kitchen)