Personal Trainer Prep Course
Become a paid personal trainer at Campus Rec and take our in-house prep course!
All Illinois students are eligible to register for the course!
Individuals interested in health and wellness, as well as students within the following fields can benefit personally and professionally from this course:
- Physical Therapy: verbally and physically guided movements
- PE Instruction: creating lesson plans
- Kinesiology Research: acute effects of exercise on the body
- Pre-Health: working with clients in a team setting
- Online asynchronous course (15 modules)
- In-person application test day
- Eligble to apply to be a personal trainer at Campus Rec
After completing both the online course and the in-person test day, students can then apply for a position as a personal trainer at Campus Rec. This course also serves as a general preparatory course to pursue national certification through the NSCA, NASM, ACSM and/or ACE.
Interested participants should email firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll in the course. Students can enroll any time throughout the year and complete the online portion of the course. However it is encouraged that participants enroll at the beginning of the fall or spring semester, as the in-person skills day workshop will be held in the middle of each semester.