A healthy lifestyle starts with a great routine. Have one of our personal trainers help you to build an individualized exercise routine to get you on the right path to achieving your goals. Our holistic approach to personal training will help you find success in a way that fits your unique goals, schedule, and budget. Your trainer will create and lead a progressive program designed specifically for you.
Maximize your workout with a certified personal trainer who will design a customized plan to help you achieve your personal fitness goals. Our trainers specialize in many areas of study and practice which include weight management, exercise adherence education, bodybuilding, powerlifting, distance running, pre-natal/post-natal fitness, general nutrition advice, athletic conditioning, and much more. Let us guide you along your fitness journey.
With a One-on-One program, clients work individually with a personal trainer who has extensive knowledge in anatomy, exercise physiology and kinesiology to design a fitness program that meets the unique needs of the client.
This one hour session is your opportunity to train with a partner as a personal trainer leads you through structured workouts. It is recommended that your training partners be of a similar level of fitness to facilitate this style of training.
Small group training (4-6 people) presents the opportunity to experience the benefits of the expertise and motivation of a trainer while lowering the financial entry point and/or spending more time with the trainer for the available funds.
Campus Recreation personal trainers will educate you on proper use of the most popular strength, cardio, and flexibility equipment that the ARC and CRCE have to offer to ensure that you are comfortable getting started on your workout routine. Personal trainers will also go over fitness floor etiquette to ensure that the fitness area is a friendly and neat environment for all.
This one hour session is your opportunity to discuss your current fitness program design with a personal trainer. This session does not take place on the fitness floor and does not involve the trainer showing new exercises.
- Blood Pressure
- Resting Heart Rate
- Body Mass Index
- Postural Screen
- Hip and Waist Circumference
- Submaximal Cardiovascular Test
- Submaximal Muscular Strength/Endurance Test
- Functional Movement Screen
- Power & Agility (Vertec, broad jump, t-test)
- Strength (6RM squat, 6RM bench press)
- Body Composition (In-body)
Information, dates/times, costs, and registration information for the purchase of a personal training package or program can be found in the Active Illini member platform.
- Login to the Active Illini web portal
- Login instructions can be found on the Active Illini information page
- Click the button on the top left corner of the screen to expand the menu
- Click on “Personal Training” and then “Register” or “Fitness Assessments”
- You can filter the resulting list by clicking “Personal Training” under “Categories”
- Select the package you are interested in purchasing
- Click “Add to Cart” and follow the prompts until you have completed the registration
We require 24-hour notice to cancel your appointment. If you fail to do so then you forfeit one personal training session. When a client is late, they forfeit the time lost.
Refunds are only issued for personal training sessions if the program is cancelled due to low enrollment or for a doctor documented illness or injury. The programs are non-transferrable and are not pro-rated.