Intramural Bowling games will be conducted under modified United States Bowling Congress Rules with the following modifications:
- All Intramural Bowling games are played at the Illini Union Rec Room
- All participants must have their University of Illinois Student Identification Card (i-card) with them at all times – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All divisions play 4 on 4. Only 4 players may bowl in a night.
- For Co-Rec leagues, all teams must have at least 2 males and 2 females to start and may never have more than 2 of either gender bowling at one time. It is legal for a team to play with 1 male and 2 females, or 2 males and 1 female.
- Team rosters are limited to a maximum of 6 players.
- Each team shall designate a team captain. The captain is required to sign the scorecard at the end of each game. The team captain is responsible for all information contained in the Intramural Bowling Rules and Intramural Handbook.
- Teams should be warmed up and ready to play as soon as the previous game ends on their lane.
- This simplified version of Bowling rules is especially for intramural play. However, if there is any discrepancy between this version and the Official Rules of Bowling, the official rules govern.
Equipment and Uniforms
- All players are required to bring a valid UIUC ID (i-card) to all Intramural Ultimate games.
- Bowling shoes will be provided with the league fee. Only bowling shoes can be worn during the event.
- All equipment is subject to the approval of the intramural staff on duty.
Length of Game
- Each participant will bowl one game per match.
- Each team will play 4 matches over a 4 week period.
- Time limit: each team will have only 60 minutes to complete the game.
Playing the Game
- Scoring will be kept by the Illini RecRoom system and will be reported to the Intramural Staff member after each game.
- The winner will be the team with the highest pin-fall total at the conclusion of the season.
- If there is a tie in team scores, there will be a 3 game set scheduled at the end of the 4 week period.
- If a team or participant arrives after the match has begun, they may begin bowling immediately.
- Blind scores will not be used for absent bowlers. If you do not have 4 bowlers for your team, the score of the three will then be averaged to make up for the lack of a player. This will be done in the Intramural Office after games are completed for the evening.
- Game time is forfeit time. All teams must be signed in and ready to play at game time in order to not receive a forfeit. The supervisor’s watch is the official game time on the field.
- In order to claim forfeit, a team must have the correct number of players present (minimum of 3) and be ready to play.
- If neither team is able to field a team, a double forfeit will be declared.
- Should a team know in advance that they cannot field a team on a given night; they may avoid a forfeit fee and loss of playoff eligibility consequences by contacting the Intramural Office at 217-244-1344, or firstname.lastname@example.org to default their game. All defaults must be called or emailed in before 2pm on the business day of the contest, or before 2pm on the Friday before a Sunday contest.