What are intramural activities?
Intramurals are recreational sporting activities that provide opportunities for the Illinois community to participate in scheduled events at all levels. Leagues, events, and tournaments are offered in a variety of sports. Soccer, basketball, volleyball, flag football, tennis, and online e-sports are just a few activities offered. Intramurals provide a space for the campus community to compete in a fun and safe environment.
Who is eligible to participate?
Community members who have a UIUC I-card, Safer Illinois App Access, and…
- Full-Time Illinois Students (who have a current Intramural Membership and ARC membership)
- Part-Time Illinois Students (who have a current Intramural Membership and ARC membership)
- Faculty/Staff (who have a current Intramural Membership and ARC membership)
- Spouses (who have a current Intramural Membership and ARC membership)
- Illinois Affiliates (who have a current Intramural Membership and ARC membership)
In an effort to maintain a level of playing field, there are some restrictions for these groups:
- Sport Club Athletes: 2 club players are limited to a team for the same sport
- Varsity Athletes: athletes are only allowed to participate in the offseason of their sport. Athletes must take a gap year to be eligible to play in their sport as well. This applies to all scholarship players, walk-ons, and squad members.
- Professional Athletes: athletes need two full calendar years to have passed since they have been released or retired.
Unfortunately, guest pass holders cannot participate in Intramural Activities.
How do I register for intramurals?
- Go to the Active Illini web portal
- Click “Login” and “Campus Login” to use your Illinois credentials (netID and password)
- If you are not affiliated with the university, you will need to register for an Active Illini account and purchase a membership to participate in intramural activities
- If you already have a community membership, click on “Login” and “Community”
Download the Active Illini mobile app for easy access on the go!
How do I default my game for tonight?
You can default your game via your game card on the Active Illini Portal OR email email@example.com. You must default your game by 2:00pm on the day of your game. If you fail to let the office know before 2:00pm, your team may be charged the $5 forfeit fee.
How do I find the playoff bracket?
Once playoff brackets are ready, you will receive an email from the Intramurals team letting you know.
- Log in to Active Illini.
- Click “Rankings” under the Intramural Activities tab
- Once in the “Ranking” page, use the filters to narrow down sport, league, and division.
- The brackets will appear at the bottom of the screen.