Greek Cup TrophyThe winner of the Fraternity Greek Cup or the Sorority Greek Cup will have their organization’s name and the year inscribed upon the Greek Cup Trophy. The Fraternity Greek Cup and the Sorority Greek Cup will both be displayed at the ARC.
Greek Cup Standings
Greek Cup Team RegistrationGreek organizations are limited to signing up ONE team per sport. If your organization wishes to have more than one team, please register only one in the Greek Cup division and the rest under a respective men’s, women’s, or co-rec division.
Greek Cup EligibilityIn Order to be eligible to participate in the Fraternity or Sorority Greek Cup Leagues, organizations must be a member of the
- Black Greek Council (BGC)
- InterFraternity Council (IFC)
- Pan-Hellenic Council (PHC)
- United Greek Council (UGC)
Pointed Sports for the Academic YearAny sport league or tournament offering a Sorority Greek Cup or Fraternity Greek Cup league will be awarded points. Please see the following chart for the point breakdown.
|Match Points (game wins)||Sportsmanship Rating (overall for season)||Championship Points (division winners/runner-ups)|
|10pts per win||4.00 Point Rating = 100pts 3.00-3.99 Point Rating = 75pts Below a 3.00 = 0pts||Champion = 200pts Runner-up = 100pts|
Co-Rec DivisionsIn the event that a Co-Rec Fraternity and Sorority Greek Cup division is offered, both organizations will be awarded the full amount of points earned. When registering, please clearly name the team with both Greek organizations following the naming restrictions listed in the next section.
Greek Cup Team NamesWhen registering for a Greek Cup time slot, captains must make the team name so that the affiliated organization is clearly discernible. Any of the following team names would be acceptable for identifying a Greek organization:
- Spelling out the Greek organization’s name (Examples: Chi Omega, Sigma Delta Tau, Acacia, Theta Xi, Triangle, Farm House, 4-H House)
- Using an English equivalent of the Greek Organization’s letters (Examples: AGD, DZ, AXO, OD, ZBT, ATO)
- Spelling out the Greek Organization’s widely recognized nickname (Examples: Tri Delts, Sig Eps, Sammy’s, Aggers, Pikes, IlliDell)
- In the event of a Co-Rec Greek Cup division, please display both Greek organization names (Examples: AGD and DU, Tri Delts/Pikes)