Group Fitness Schedule: For the most up to date information including class changes and cancellations, please download the upace app and view the schedule on the app. View download links and instructions.
Fitness is now mobile!
Enhance your fitness experience with Campus Recreation by using our new mobile app, upace.
browse the up-to-date Group Fitness class schedule
reserve your spot in class from your phone
view instant changes in class, location or instructor
share your experience with the fitness team
How to download and register:
Purchase a Group Fitness pass and return the registration form to Member Services.
- Find the upace app through the app store or google play store on your phone. Search for “upace.”
- Download the app.
- Open the upace app on your phone.
- Click “register.”
- Enter your required information (same as what you wrote on the registration form) and select the recreation center as “University of Illinois.”
- Check back on the upace app within 72 hours to see if your access has been granted to make class reservations. You can make class reservations within 24 hours of the class start time.
*If you are unable to make reservations after 72 hours, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
1 . How do I create an account?
First, download “upace” on the app store or google play store. Click “Create Account” and fill out the required information. Select “Login” and start.
2. I forgot my password, how do I log back into my account?
If you forgot your password please go to the login screen and click “forgot password”. You will be sent an email to the email address used when creating an account. The email will contain a 6 digit pin number. In the app, create a new password, confirm new password and enter the 6-digit pin number. Click “Login”.
3. What devices can I use to access my account?
You can download the app from any smart device from the Google Play or Apple stores.
4. How do I access group fitness class schedules?
Open the app and click on “schedules”, you will be able to filter classes by day, time, location, instructor and class name.
5. How do I logout of the app?
Click on the top left menu icon. Under “General”click “Account”. An account page will open where you can select logout.
6. Why should I turn on push notifications?
To stay connected with your recreation center.
- Direct updates
- First to know about closures, holiday hours, events, etc
- Group exercise class notifications
- Personal training reminders & notifications
7. I turned off push notifications, but now I want to access them. How do I do this?
Follow these steps:
- Go to the phones “Settings”
- Scroll down to apps and look for “upace”
- Click on “upace” App
- Click “Notifications”
- Swipe Notification On (button should turn to green as shown in the image to the right)
8. Having an issue with your account or app?
Reach out to us!
App & Account issues: Email email@example.com and include: Name, Email, Rec Center, Device and description of the issue.
Class Reservation issues: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include: Name, Email, and description of the issue.