Get motivated and get moving with a Campus Recreation Group Fitness Instructor!
This fall Illinois Campus Recreation will offer four ways for pass holders to ‘Find Your Fit’, 1) In-person ARC classes, 2) Zoom Virtual Classes, 3) Outdoor classes at the ODC (weather permitting), and 4) live stream Les Mills classes at the ARC.
All Group Fitness pass holders will be required to reserve a spot in class via the website. Classes will be available for reservation 72-hours ahead of time and will close when full with a waitlist of three people. Please plan to arrive for class at least 5-minutes ahead of start time as waitlisted patrons will be invited to take spots at that time.
BEFORE returning to Group Fitness classes, please familiarize yourself with these new operations and policies:
- Classes will be reserved to Group Fitness Pass holders only.
- There will be NO DROP-IN Group Fitness classes. All classes will be by reservation only.
- Wear a mask to class and when you leave. Removal of your mask during exercise is optional.
- Arrive to class a minimum of 5-minutes prior to the start of class. if you do not arrive 5-minutes ahead of the start of class, a waitlisted guest will be invited to take your spot.
- There will be 3 waitlisted spots and only those who have been waitlisted are permitted to line-up in the hallway outside of studios to take the spot of no call/no show participants. Waitlisted guests will be invited in 5-minutes before the class begins.
- Classes are capped at:
- 10- participants for spin and aquatics classes
- 12-participants for all classes scheduled in; MP2, MP3, MP4, and MP5 at the ARC
- 30-participants for all outdoor classes scheduled at the ODC basketball courts (51 Gregory Street)
- No cap on participants for zoom classes (please arrive 10-minutes early to the virtual waiting room to be granted access to class)
- Instructors will arrange your equipment in a quadrant outlined on the studio floor and will put your equipment away for you at the end of class.
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR GROUP FITNESS PASS HOLDERS ONLY
Select the ‘Forgot Password/Create Login? Click Here’ option. Do not select Become a Guest!
Enter your email address. Please make sure to use the email address that is on file with Member Services.
You may be asked for your member number (UIN), which can be located on your I-card.
You will receive an email from Campus Recreation with your temporary online credentials. Once you login with your temporary credentials, you will be prompted to update your password and username.Once you have a user login and password you may register online for Group Fitness classes. You will also be able to view your account information and transactions.
If you are unable to login and need additional assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
GROUP FITNESS NEWS
Join our “Fall Back Into Fitness” Challenge! View Calendar HERE!
- FREE two week group fitness incentive program (Oct 18 – Oct 31)
- Attend classes and earn points for PRIZES
- Collect 20-points and you can enter for a draw for grand prizes. Drop off your completed card to the ARC member services desk.
- Come to the ARC and join our FREE LesMills Virtual Classes. We stream into our studio the best instructors from around the world. Schedule coming soon!
- Capacity is 10-participants
- You must register for the program here
- Your BINGO card must be signed by the class host to earn your points. Pick up your card at the ARC member services desk
- Virtual Classes Include
- Sign up for Group Fitness news and alerts
Get email messages regarding group fitness news, alerts, class cancellations, instructor changes, etc. Simply sign up and start receiving information.
- Job Opportunity: Group Fitness Instructors
Interested in becoming a freestyle Group Fitness instructor or a certified Les Mills instructor? Email email@example.com for more information about starting your potential journey.
- Group Fitness Outdoor Class Update
We will continue to offer outdoor classes on the pool deck weather dependent. We will cancel if temperatures are below 50 degrees, or if we have inclement weather. Masks are required to be worn during exercise on the pool deck.
There are no upcoming events at this time.