Back to Adventure Recreation
Adventure Rec Equipment Rental Policies
- Individuals Rentals: Anyone may rent equipment from the ARC Adventure Center. University of Illinois students and Campus Rec members must show the appropriate picture ID to rent equipment at the member rate. All other renters must have a driver’s license or a credit card and a picture ID and will pay the non-member rate. Payment is due at the time of the rental.
- Group Rentals: Three weeks advanced notice required for renting more than one tent per person.
- Allow 15-20 minutes for checking out equipment. It is the responsibility of the renter to check rented equipment to be sure it is all there and in good condition. If something is missing or in need of repair, the Customer Service Assistant must be notified so it can be recorded before taking the equipment out. If for some reason the renter fails to inspect the equipment, they are still held responsible for damaged or missing equipment upon its return.
- Each renter of equipment must sign a liability statement when checking out the equipment. The user agrees to pay for any damages or loss of equipment and also agrees not to hold the University, Campus Recreation and its employees, or the State of Illinois responsible for injuries, accidents, or other mishaps which may occur while using the equipment.
- A limit of one tent and four sleeping bags/pads may be checked out per person.
- Equipment must be returned on the due date at least 30 minutes before closing or late fines will be assessed. Returned equipment will be checked and inspected by the Customer Service Assistant when time permits. Fines for wet, dirty, lost or damaged equipment will also be assessed. No equipment will be checked in after 20 minutes prior to closing time. It is the renter’s responsibility to check the hours of the Adventure Center.
- Fines: The fee for the late return of equipment is $5 per day per item. Lost, damaged or wet/dirty fines are as follows: should equipment be lost or damaged beyond repair the renter will be charged the current replacement cost + 5%; fines will be assessed for damage to equipment at the cost of repair + 10%; the return of wet or dirty equipment fine will be $5-$20; the loss of equipment pieces and/or parts is the replacement cost + 5%. Fines not paid when equipment is returned will be charged to the renter’s student account, member account or credit card.
- Contact email@example.com with any questions.
- The Adventure Recreation Rental Center is closed on Sundays. No equipment pick up or drop off can be made on Sundays.