No Same Day Reservations at this time
Only allowing usage via facility rental
University of Illinois Campus Recreation is one of the only campus facilities that offers space to individuals and groups for practice and drop-in activities. Our intent in managing informal or “drop-in” use of multipurpose room space is to provide facility access to patrons looking for a specific space to complete their activity.
Multipurpose General Policies
Multipurpose rooms are scheduled with group fitness activities, club sport practices, student organizations, and other rental groups. Patrons may utilize the multipurpose rooms via same day reservation or facility rental.
- Equipment located in the multipurpose rooms is only available when authorized by Campus Recreation. All equipment must remain in the designated room.
- Only non-marking shoes are allowed in the room(s).
- Activity deemed potentially damaging to the equipment, mirrors, and floor is prohibited, as determined by the Campus Recreation staff.
- Copyrighted movies and instructional videos are not permitted.
- Personal music is permitted. Genre & volume must be family appropriate.
- Activities which could damage the mirrors, windows, or ceiling tiles are strictly prohibited.
- Patrons should not lean or put hands on the mirrors.
Facility Rental Policies
- Partition walls may only be operated by Campus Recreation staff.
- For $11/hour, a University student group can rent either MP 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 for their activity.
Same Day Reservation Policies – No Same Day Reservations At This Time
- All reservations are for one hour only and only one reservation per day per person or group for a specific space.
- Usage of in-house audio, partition walls, and other Campus Recreation equipment is not provided for same day reservations.
- Organized and group activities must be approved in advance by Campus Recreation through the space rental procedure.
- All space utilization is ultimately subject to the discretion of Campus Recreation.
- Use of facilities for paid instructing or coaching is prohibited.
- To make a same-day reservation of an MP room, an individual must present a valid i-card to member services.
- Campus Recreation will accept same-day reservations for rooms beginning one hour after the facility opens (in person only). No requests will be handled over the phone or e-mail.
- Rooms are available on the hour when not reserved or in use by Campus Recreation.
- An individual or group may only make one reservation per day for either the ARC or CRCE.
- Individuals and/or groups found making back-to-back reservations will be asked to leave the room and will lose same-day reservation privileges.
- Any individual or group found using an MP room on a same-day basis without following the above procedure will be asked to leave the room.