- Assumption of Risk
- Personal Transportation Items
- Locker Rooms and Restrooms
- Lost and Found
- Organized/Group Activites
Participation in all activities is voluntary and all individuals knowingly assume all risks when they take part in informal or programmed recreational activities. Each participant also has a responsibility to use prudent and ordinary care in his/her actions. The University of Illinois and Campus Recreation are not liable for injuries sustained during participation in an activity or program.
All patrons are expected to follow the code of conduct.
- Members must present a valid iCard or visitor card to access Campus Recreation facilities and programs. Campus Recreation has the right to ask any individual to provide iCard or visitor card at any time.
- Any violation of Campus Recreation policies will be handled in accordance of department and University protocol.
- Photo and videography are not allowed in Campus Recreation facilities without prior approval. More details.
- Abuse/misuse of equipment is prohibited.
- Pets other than service animals are not allowed within Campus Recreation the facilities.
- Spectating for special events must be arranged in advance.
- Patrons are required to clean equipment immediately after use. Antibacterial cleaning wipes or disinfectant spray are provided to clean/disinfect equipment before/after use.
- Report any damaged or faulty equipment and any maintenance issues to the on-duty staff.
- Help us keep our facilities clean by properly disposing of all waste.
- Headphones must be used while listening to personal music.
University of Illinois Campus Recreation staff has authority over facility conduct and use of equipment. Failure to comply may result in removal from the facility.
- Doorways, hallways, elevators, and stairwells should be clear at all times.
- Abusive and/or misuse of equipment is prohibited.
- Avoid cell phone conversations on speaker or loud responses.
- Physical and/or sexual abuse or use of vulgar, profane, or abusive language is prohibited.
- Drinks must be kept in a sealed container. Glass containers are prohibited. Please inform Campus Recreation staff of any spills.
- Food is not allowed in any activity space without prior approval.
- Alcohol, tobacco products, illegal drugs, firearms, and other weapons are strictly prohibited in or near Campus Recreation facilities.
- Items are not permitted on any railing including: fitness equipment, cell phones and other personal items.
- Do not bring valuables into the facilities. The University of Illinois and Campus Recreation cannot be held responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal property.
- For health and safety reasons a shirt is required that covers the entire torso, including: stomach, back, rib cage and chest.
- Closed toe activity-appropriate footwear is required. Shoes must have a heel or heel strap. Socks and back-less shoes will not be allowed. Please make sure shoes are free of debris before entering the facility.
- Clothing deemed potentially damaging to the equipment is prohibited, as determined by the Campus Recreation staff.
- Minimal jewelry is advised.
- Exceptions to these clothing policies are allowed in pools, sauna, multi-purpose rooms, combative rooms, platforms and squat racks.
- Clothing with profane language, inappropriate subjects, etc. are not permitted to be worn in the facility.
- Campus Recreation staff has final say in determining appropriate clothing.
- Use of rollerblades, roller skates, hover boards, and skateboards is prohibited within all facilities.
- Bicycles are not allowed inside of the facility. Bike racks are available near all facilities. No bikes are allowed to be parked/locked on railings, signs, or benches.
- No use of cameras or video recorders allowed at any time.
- Only place swimsuits in the water extractors.
- Campus Recreation tries to honor the stated gender identity of our patrons. Gender identity is not always apparent and does not always correspond with stereotypes about physical presentation.
- Campus Recreation will always address inappropriate behavior that occurs in any part of our facility.
- Campus Recreation staff will access the locker rooms at various times for safety and maintenance reasons.
All Gender & Family Locker Rooms & Restrooms
- Campus Recreation strives to provide safe, comfortable, and convenient locker and restroom facilities. Private changing rooms are available in the All Gender Changing Rooms at ARC and CRCE and include restrooms, showers, lockers, and an infant changing table.
- These rooms are intended for:
- Patrons with small children
- Patrons in need of special assistance
- Patrons who identify as transgender or are uncomfortable in gender-defined locker rooms/restrooms.
- Patrons desiring a higher level of privacy.
Children’s Locker Room Usage
- Children may be accompanied into the appropriate locker room by a parent, guardian or responsible adult (age 18 or over) of the same gender.
- If this is not possible, we will allow children under the age of 5 to use the locker rooms of the opposite sex under parent, guardian or responsible adult (age 18 or over) supervision. However, please limit this use to the shower areas of the locker room and use the same exit when leaving.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for theft or damage to personal property placed in lockers.
- All personal items must be stored completely within a locker. All items left outside of a locker, whether secured or not, will be vacated.
- Campus Recreation will not guarantee the security of the items vacated from lockers. Items deemed to have little or no value will not be stored nor made available for retrieval.
- Locker and Towel Rental information
- Lockers rentals are available on an annual basis. For further locker rental details (cost, size, eligibility, etc.) see staff at Member Services. Locker rentals are non-refundable.
Day-Use Lockers are available at no cost during hours of operation. The following policies apply to day-use lockers:
- Personal locks may be used on the day-use lockers. Combination locks are available for purchase at Member Services.
- Belongings in these lockers must be cleared out and any lock removed prior to closing.
- Any locks remaining at the end of the day are subject to being cut off at the owner’s expense and all items vacated. Items of value will be placed at Members Services. A photo ID or description of items is required to retrieve items.
- Items deemed little to no value such as personal hygiene, water bottles, and undergarments including swimwear will not be kept.
- Organized/group activities should be authorized in advance by Campus Recreation Event Staff through the space reservation process or will be subject to the discretion of on duty staff.
- Group activities interfering with others within Campus Recreation facilities without prior reservations may be asked to leave at the discretion of Campus Recreation.
- Use of facilities for paid instructional or coaching purposes is prohibited with the exception of recognized Campus Recreation programs.
All refunds for memberships, classes, and programs require a $5 administrative charge per individual and approval from management. Some restrictions apply.
Download the Refund Request Form and fill it out and return it to the member services desk at ARC or CRCE to get your refund process started.