University of Illinois Campus Recreation offers registered student organizations, campus units, and outside groups the opportunity to reserve Campus Recreation facilities for athletic and recreation activities and competitions as well as special events. Requests may be dropped off at the Activities and Recreation Center, Campus Recreation Center East, or the Ice Arena, electronically, by mail, or fax. All requests are subject to approval at the discretion of Campus Recreation.
201 E. Peabody Dr.
Champaign, IL 61820
Organized/group activities should be approved in advance by Campus Recreation schedulers or will be subject to the discretion of on-duty management. Use of facilities for paid instructional or coaching purposes is prohibited with the exception of recognized Campus Recreation programs.
Allocation of Space
While the primary purpose of the Campus Recreation facilities is to provide recreation for fee paying students as well and faculty/staff who are members, there are various University departments and organizations who utilize the space for classes and activities. Campus Recreations will allocate the required space at designated priority times for Campus, Student Affairs and student organizations.
Procedure to Reserve Space
An approved Facility Request Form must be completed and submitted to Campus Recreation operation staff at least two weeks prior to the scheduled date of an event. Reservations for large social events or sporting tournaments or events must be made up to four weeks in advance. The requesting party will receive an approval or denial of space either via email or mail which will confirm space location.
Visit Facility Rentals for more details.
Registered Student Organizations
Recognized Registered Student Organizations in good standing with the University may reserve space at Campus Recreation facilities. All organizations must receive approval for their Space Request Form from the office of Registered Student Organizations prior to being submitted to Campus Recreation. Forms without approval will not be considered.
- Groups will abide by all facility usages policies of Campus Recreation and the University of Illinois.
- Groups renting a facility will be held financially responsible for any special cleaning, maintenance, or repair resulting from the event or activity.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged property belonging to the members of rental groups utilizing the facilities.
Charges for Events
Charges for events will be based on the annual rental fee schedule.
- RSOs: Unless special arrangements are made, Campus Recreation will transfer the amount of the rental charges from the RSO university account. The rental contact will receive an invoice indicating the final charges.
- Campus Departments/Units: University departments must provide a C-FOAPAL number for all reservations. Upon completion of the event, Campus Recreation will process a transfer of funds. The rental contact will receive an invoice indicating the final charges.
- Private Groups: A final invoice will be sent to the rental contact within 10 business days of the event and payment is expected within 14 business days. Credit card payments are accepted over the phone Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm at (217) 244-9866. Campus Recreation may request a 25% non-refundable deposit for large events.
To cancel a confirmed event, the requesting party must notify Campus Recreation by sending an email to email@example.com . Events cancelled more than two weeks in advance will not incur a cancellation fee (other than the loss of the security deposit). Those events cancelled less than two weeks in advance will incur 50% of all rental charges. Groups who do not show for a confirmed event will incur 100% rental costs.
Groups may enlist the catering services of one of the University’s approved vendors. A complete list of approved venders can be found on the University of Illinois website.
Certificate of Insurance
Outside organizations having events within Campus Recreation facilities may be asked to provide a certificate of insurance naming the Board of Trustees as an additional insured.