- Visitors may purchase a Campus Recreation membership for that length of time by paying the appropriate fee provided their assignment with the University remains current during their membership. To do so, they must show a Visitor Card and letter from their department stating their length of appointment.
- Visitors for periods of a week or less are entitled to purchase only daily guest passes for the appropriate fee.
- Visitors for periods of more than one (1) week but less than eight (8) weeks may contact Diane Dean to arrange a prorated membership.
- The spouse of a visitor is afforded the same privileges as the visitor. When purchasing a pass, they should present his/her spouse’s Visitor Card and letter from the sponsoring department.
- Dependents of visitors may purchase passes only in accordance with the Children’s Membership Policy.
Illini Union Hotel and I-Hotel GuestsGuests may obtain a voucher from their hotel validating the dates of their stay. This voucher may be presented at Member Services, allowing the guest to obtain a guest pass to Campus Recreation facilities. *Those presenting a voucher from the I-Hotel, will be required to pay for their guest pass.
Conference AttendeesDepartment, institute, or other campus-sponsored conferences may purchase guest passes on an individual basis, by either of the following methods:
- Departments may send a list of attendees (of a meeting/course they are sponsoring) to Member Services. The list will be posted in Member Services where visitors whose name appears on the list may purchase the daily pass upon showing a photo ID.
- Departments who wish to pay for their attendees’ recreation privileges may send a list of attendees to Diane Dean. Daily passes will be issued for each guest for the period specified by the department. The department then must forward a voucher for the total amount due for the passes at the time the passes are picked up.