You can purchase a membership at the ARC or CRCE member services during facility hours. Just bring your i-card or appropriate materials — see policies and procedures. You can pay with cash, check, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover), or use payroll deduction.
Students registered for 6 hours (3 hours in the summer) are typically assessed the student service fee which supports Campus Recreation programs. These students are automatically Campus Recreation members and may enter any Campus Recreation facility with their i-card. Those with fewer hours or who are exempt from the student service fee can pay the service fee at the USFSCO Cashier Office (100 Henry Administration Bldg) in order to become Campus Recreation members.
- Students can sponsor spouse/partner semester-by-semester with memberships at the student spouse/partner rate. Can sponsor one other individual semester-by-semester at the associate rate.
- Students can sponsor adult dependent semester-by-semester with memberships at the faculty/staff rate. Can sponsor one other individual semester-by-semester at the associate rate.
- Students are eligible to purchase memberships at the faculty/staff rate only during summer sessions if not enrolled in classes.
2017-18 Membership Fees
|MEMBERSHIP||FACULTY / STAFF / RETIREE||FACULTY / STAFF / RETIREE SPOUSE / PARTNER||STUDENT SPOUSE / PARTNER*||ADULT DEPENDENT*||RECENT GRADUATE*||AFFILIATE||CHILDREN*||ALUMNI*||ASSOCIATE / PARKLAND AFFILIATE*|
|SUMMER SESSION II
|SUMMER SESSION II
*Not eligible to sponsor additional members.
Faculty and staff use payroll deduction to secure an on-going membership (four-month minimum).
Effective August 1, 2015.
Add a spouse/partner or adult dependent for just $23/month.
- ◊ Add a spouse/partner or adult dependent for only $276.
- BEST DEAL: Faculty/staff can use payroll deduction to secure an on-going membership for just $40/month! Then add a spouse/partner or adult dependent for just $23/month!
- Retirees: can use SURS deduction for an on-going membership at just $40/month.
- Members in this category may sponsor one person as an associate member.
- Spouses/partners of students may purchase a membership at the posted student spouse/partner rate as long as student has been assessed student service fee.
- Adult dependents must be ages 18-25.
- Graduates of the U of I may purchase a Campus Recreation membership at the listed costs for up to one year following graduation. Proof of graduation required.
- Extra help employees, allied organization employees, and OLLI scholars are included in the affiliate category.
- Only children of faculty/staff/students are eligible for a children’s membership. Children must be ages 17 and under.
- Please review the Campus Recreation children’s hours and policies.
- Download the Children’s Membership Agreement (pdf)
- Before you can purchase an alumni membership at ARC or CRCE member services, you must FIRST complete and bring the Alumni Verification Form (pdf) to the Campus Recreation administrative office suite in the ARC to have your alumni status confirmed. The Campus Recreation office suite is open and available to verify alumni status from 8:30 am-4:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Alumni members are not eligible to sponsor additional Campus Rec members.
- Associate members are not eligible to sponsor additional Campus Recreation members.
- The sponsor need not accompany the associate member when the associate uses the facilities, but the sponsor must be a Campus Recreation member for the duration of the associate’s membership.
- Parkland affiliate members must bring printed proof of enrollment from the Parkland athletic director.
- Parkland affiliate members are not eligible to sponsor additional Campus Recreation members.