Spouse/Partner Memberships for Faculty/Staff
Spouses/partners of faculty/staff are eligible to purchase a Campus Recreation membership regardless of whether the faculty/staff has purchased a Campus Recreation membership.
To purchase the initial membership, spouses must present the faculty/staff person’s i-card in conjunction with his/her own state-issued identification and one of the following as proof of relationship:
- His/her driver’s license with matching last names
- Proof of joint checking/savings account
- Marriage certificate
To purchase the initial membership, partners must present the faculty/staff person’s i-card in conjunction with his/her own picture identification and one of the following as proof of relationship:
- Assignment of beneficiary rights.
- Joint checking/savings account or joint ownership of a residence or motor vehicle.
- Mutual designation on a will or irrevocable living trust.
- Certificate of Partnership. This could be a document from a municipality that registers partnerships or proof of a committed partnership, such as a commitment ceremony.
NOTE: To RENEW a membership, a spouse/partner need only present his/her Visitor Card in conjunction with the i-card of the sponsoring faculty/staff person.
The Campus Recreation membership purchased by the spouse/partner affords that individual the following privileges:
- Access to all recreational sports facilities (see sport facilities listed for faculty/staff).
- Privilege of sponsoring up to five guests per day at the daily fee.
- Eligibility to participate in programs offered by Campus Recreation.
- Discounted rates for selected programs offered by Campus Recreation.
Spouse/Partner Membership for Students
Spouses/partners of Illinois students are eligible to purchase a membership to Campus Rec facilities. The requirements and privileges for spouse/partners of students match those of faculty/staff spouse/partners.
However, student spouses can ONLY purchase a membership by semester.