Children’s HoursView our children’s hours and policies.
MembershipsChildren (under the age of 18) are welcome to take advantage of the programs, services, and facilities of Campus Recreation. They may access the facilities in two distinct ways:
- Purchase a limited children’s membership, or
- Purchase a Daily Guest Pass.
EligibilityChildren of current UIUC faculty/staff and students are eligible to purchase a limited membership with Campus Recreation with the following regulations.
- During the Fall and Spring academic semesters children’s memberships will be honored only at ARC and CRCE only during designated Children’s Hours.
- During the break periods of the two academic semesters (from the first day of class in the fall through the last day of final examinations in the spring and the entire summer), children’s memberships are honored at the ARC and CRCE during all facility hours.
- Opportunity to participate in all Public Skating Sessions at the Ice Arena with no entry fee; skate rental fee still applies.
Procedure for Purchasing a Children’s Membership
- Parent, legal guardian or responsible adult (age 18 and over) must show valid student or faculty/staff identification at Member Services each time a membership is purchased or renewed.
- Parent, legal guardian or responsible adult (age 18 and over) must complete required information for each child including the visitor card agreement.
- At the time of purchase, children 16 years old and older must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and present state-issued ID proving age.
- A Visitor Card is created and must be presented each time the child enters the facilities during Children’s Hours
Special ConditionsView the age specific policies chart.
Children ages 15 and under
- At least one parent/legal guardian must purchase a Campus Recreation membership and accompany the child to the facility. They must supervise their child in all activity areas by remaining with the child in the same activity area at all times.
Children ages 16-17
- Parent/legal guardian is not required to purchase a Campus Recreation membership for themselves in order to purchase a membership for their child.
- Some areas like the pools and the strength and conditioning areas may also have more specific rules and policies that will be posted and enforced by staff.
- Parent, legal guardian or responsible adult (age 18 and over) is responsible for the safety of children under 16 who participate in informal recreation.