Welcome to the Illini Grove
The Illini Grove is a great option for outdoor activities and get-togethers.
Illini Grove Amenities
- basketball court
- sand volleyball court
- log pavilion with brick grills and drinking fountains
- eight lighted picnic sites with tables and grills
- nine lighted tennis courts
The Illini Grove can be reserved. For reservations, please visit facility rentals.
Illini Grove Policies
- Hours of Operation: The Illini Grove can be reserved between 8 am-10 pm daily.
- Reservations/Eligible Users: The Pavilion and individual grill/table sites can be reserved for a fee by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Campus Recreation members have priority. The Illini Grove is restricted to persons affiliated with the University of Illinois including: Faculty, Staff, Alumni, Graduate Students, Undergraduate Students and guests of these groups. Groups must include 50% university-affiliated individuals.
- Music: Use discretion regarding music. Be cognizant of the residential and community dwellings as well as other groups in and near the Illini Grove.
- Alcohol/Tobacco/Drugs: Alcoholic beverages, tobacco products and illegal drugs are prohibited within the park. If caught with any of the above, participants will be asked to leave and their event may be cancelled without refund.
- Children: Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by their parent, guardian, or other responsible adult.
- Cleanup: Groups or individuals using the facilities have the responsibility of leaving their site in as good as or better condition than they found it.
- Fires/Grills: Grilling is allowed only on Campus Recreation-provided grills, and fires should be confined to only these grills. They must be completely extinguished by the group before leaving the Illini Grove.
- Damage: Individuals/Groups reserving facility space for activities are responsible for the conduct and actions of those associated with and participating in the event. Any damage to the facility and/or equipment or violations of policies is the responsibility of the individual/groups reserving the space and must be reported immediately. The reserving party is also responsible for any charges associated with these damages at the discretion of Campus Recreation.
- Restrooms: Restrooms are available only to accommodate reservations.
- Parking: Parking within the perimeter of the Illini Grove is prohibited. Metered parking is available on surrounding streets.
- Pets: Clean up after your pets.