Risk Management employees serve to instruct CPR courses at Campus Recreation and assist with other Risk Management initiatives.
Entry Level Positions
Risk Management Instructor
- Must obtain and maintain an instructor-level certification in CPR/AED/First Aid for Adult and Pediatric from American Red Cross
- Responsible for assisting with instructing/co-instructing Red Cross courses for Campus Rec staff and community members (if needed).
- Transport and set-up the proper quantity of CPR/First Aid course materials and equipment in the designated classroom.
- Instructing Courses and Proctoring Skills Sessions:
- Present and review knowledge from the content laid out by the course presentation and the instructor’s manual, through guided-discussion.
- Develop and lead skills scenarios for practicing each method of treatment laid out by the Red Cross.
- Develop, lead, and assess the outcomes of a final skills session, where participants are expected to show all individual skills, through at least 3 different skills scenarios.
- Inform participants of their success or failure in meeting the certification requirements.
- If a participant has failed to meet the criteria laid out by the Red Cross, inform the participant appropriately and recommend further study and the next steps to becoming certified.
- Responsible for assisting with Safety Skills Audits—evaluation of CPR, First Aid and EAP skills for certified campus rec staff.
- Responsible for assisting with monthly safety topics (PowerPoints, quizzes, handouts)
- Responsible for assisting with departmental safety training
- All other duties as assigned
Job Knowledge/Skills Required:
- A certification in CPR/AED/First Aid for Adult and Pediatric from American Red Cross.
- Good standing with the University
- Minimum of one semester commitment with the Department of Campus Recreation
- Weekend and/or Evening Availability
Job Knowledge/Skills Preferred:
- Prior public speaking experience
- Prior CPR/AED/First Aid certifications (Ellis, Star, American Heart, Woofer)
- Good customer services skills
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills
- Ability to work well with others