Personal Trainers consist of student staff in the ARC and CRCE facilities. Applicants interested in a position as a Personal Trainer with Campus Recreation are required to be a current student of the University of Illinois and;
- Hold a Nationally Recognized certification, example. ACE, ACSM, NASM, and NSCA, etc. or
- Complete the in-house Illinois Personal Training Prep Course
All applicants who are invited to an interview will be required to do a (30-minute) session demonstration with a case study client and a 20-minute traditional interview.
Campus Recreation has an educational alliance with the National Academy of Sports Medicine and students can receive a 20% discount on their educational materials and exam. Contact NASM directly and let them know you are affiliated with the University of Illinois and would like to receive the discount.
- Educate clients and enforce policies regarding the safe and proper use of equipment and facility.
- Develop, document, and implement one-on-one, partner, or group workout programs that match the needs and goals of clients.
- Instruct clients on basic exercise physiology and inform them as to proper lifting and exercise techniques.
- Providing all the necessary information, techniques, and proper procedures for working out and helping patrons stay active and healthy.
- Previous experience in supervising and instructing participants in a fitness environment is required.
- Includes office responsibilities associated with the successful operation of the personal training program.
- They are responsible for assigning new clients to the personal training staff and assisting with educational offerings for our personal trainers.
- They will also assist with client tracking, report generation, and the payroll procedures associated with the personal training program.