The Member Services Team consists of student staff working at the Member Services desk between ARC and CRCE.
Member Services for Campus Recreation has set several goals that pertain to our employee and guest interactions – always resulting in a positive first impression and overall great experience in our facilities. First, we aim to ensure that each guest that uses our facility enjoys their experience and wants to return. Second, we want to effectively and efficiently handle any concerns presented by our guest. Third, we want to foster a work environment that encourages open and honest communication that will keep our staff involved and well informed. Fourth, we hope to create a positive working relationship that supports staff creativity, initiative, leadership and team spirit. Finally, we aim to provide our guests with a staff that is customer oriented, knowledgeable about our policies and facilities and both eager and willing to respond to the needs of our guests.
Entry Level Position
Customer Service Assistant (CSA)
- Maintain knowledge of Campus Recreation’s policies, operations, and procedures.
- Answer questions regarding the facility and any program that may take place in the facility.
- Ensure all registration and membership forms are filled out and entered correctly.
- Verify member’s status for facility use.
- Assist with equipment check out and room and court reservations
- Sell various items including memberships, Group Fitness passes, LTS lessons, and Pro Shop merchandise.
- Building roves.
- Equipment cleaning.
Qualifications: To apply for the position of Customer Service Assistant, you must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. All Customer Service Assistants must also attend a First Aid/CPR class within 30 days of their employment with Campus Recreation. Customer Service Assistants are often the first responders in the event of a medical emergency in our facilities.
Previously held positions in which the following skills/tasks were required.
- Cash handling.
- Point of Sale usage.
- Customer Service.
- Ability to clearly explain company policies and procedures.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience working with a diverse customer group.
- Leadership experience.
- Ability to supervise in a team oriented atmosphere.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism with a customer comes first attitude.
Requires experience as Member Services Manager or Customer Service Assistant before applying for position.
Position responsibilities include assisting the Assistant Director of Member Services in various office responsibilities for the operation of the Member Services staff. The Program Assistant will primarily assist with the organization and coordination of staff hiring, training, tracking of employee certifications, employee evaluation, assist with payroll adjustments, manage the visitor card process and conduct membership audits.
Member Service Manager
Requires experience as Customer Service Assistant or Member Service Program Assistant
Member Service Managers act in place/assist professional staff members during open, close and peak times in our facilities. Managers will direct and supervise all member service staff and assist with member concerns throughout the facility.