The marketing team uses their expertise in media, communications, and advertising to elevate Campus Rec’s mission of providing a welcoming environment and programs that inspire the University community to engage in recreation and wellness.
Marketing Assistants execute a variety of projects based upon their current and desired skill sets. Projects include, designing print materials, producing videos, taking engaging photos, writing student stories, creating web content, and/or developing social media posts.
- Communication: adept written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Time management: takes initiative, manages projects, multi-tasks, stays organized, and meets deadlines
- Leadership: demonstrates professionalism and prioritizes customer service
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with full-time and student staff members of the marketing team and other Campus Rec programming employees to create promotional content and execute marketing projects
- Promote, cover on social media, and/or take photos/video at events and outreach initiatives
- Research new avenues for promotion and brainstorm unique ways to create buzz about Campus Rec programs and services
- Distribute marketing materials to Campus Rec facilities and other campus buildings
- Assist with the fulfillment of promotional partner agreements
- Participate in marketing staff meetings
- Adhere projects to university brand standards
- Archive and organize digital media
- Availability to work approximately 15 hours/week
- Excellence in one or more of the following specializations
- Write and schedule social media posts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube) that highlight Campus Rec events, programs, services, and facilities
- Knowledge of social media best practices for various platforms
- Collaborate with Campus Rec programming units to create educational content
- Live stream or provide live coverage of events
Photography and Videography
- Take engaging photos at events and staged shoots for social media, the website, and marketing materials
- Produce videos for various projects
- Experience with DSLR camera and lighting/audio equipment
- Proficiency with Adobe photo/video editing platforms (Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, iMove)
- Create promotional advertisements – posters, flyers, digital signs, social media and web graphics, t-shirts, etc.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
- Develop and write stories for Campus Rec’s website, annual report, social media, and other marketing materials.
- Gather and edit content for Campus Rec’s biweekly eNewsletter
- Write and edit scripts for videos and other projects