Intramural Activities consist of over 100 student officials for a variety of sports such as soccer, softball, baseball, flag football, basketball, volleyball, etc. Locations vary from indoor to outdoor facilities. Intramural Activities offer a wide variety of structured fitness activities offering team sports and individual events. Officials in each sport go through a paid training program. Training occurs over a one week period before play begins and includes classroom and on-site training.
Entry Level Positions
- Provide a positive attitude toward workers and participants.
- Have knowledge of rules and regulations.
- Attend clinics and meetings.
- Officiate intramural sporting events such as basketball, football, broomball, in-line hockey, soccer, softball, and volleyball to the best of your ability.
- Officials are encouraged to officiate at least 3 sports during a year; specifically 1 each season.
Esport and Virtual Programming Manager
- Assist with design, development, and implementation of a comprehensive virtual and Esport program
- Prepare and maintain leagues, tournaments, and playoff schedules
- Manage, maintain, update, and promote UIUC Intramural Sports Discord server
- Assess initiatives and make recommendations to ensure program is in line with latest trends
- Demonstrate a high commitment to the values of customer satisfaction and friendliness
- Other duties as assigned
Intramural Sports Supervisor
- Requires experience as a Campus Recreation Intramural Official before applying for the position.
- Manages and assists in supervising nightly intramural activities.
- Often oversees multiple courts/fields.
- Assists the Intramural Sport Lead in ensuring that games start on time and any in-game disputes are handled amicably.
- Provide direct feedback to game officials on how they can improve.
- The intramural supervisor position is a stepping stone to reach the Intramural Sport Lead position.
Intramural Sport Lead
- At least 1-semester experience as an Intramural Sports Supervisor.
- Manages and coordinates a team sport each season.
- Responsible for the development of officials training for their respective sport as well as the officials staff schedules.
- Provides feedback and guidance to the Intramural supervisors regarding officials development.
- Requires experience as Campus Recreation Intramural Official before applying for the position.
- The Program Assistant oversees the efficient operation of the IM office.
- Records and updates data, disseminate information to the participants of the intramural sports and provide technical support to the IM staff.
- Program Assistants are the daily connection to participants.