Event Management for Campus Recreation has set several goals that pertain to our events and our Event Management Staff. First, we aim to ensure that each guest that attends an event enjoys their experience and wants to return. Second, we want to effectively and efficiently handle any special concerns presented by our guest. Third, we want to foster a work environment that encourages open and honest communication that will keep our staff involved and well informed. Fourth, we hope to create a positive working relationship that supports staff creativity, initiative and team spirit. Finally, we aim to provide our guests with a staff that is customer oriented, knowledgeable about our events and facilities and both eager and willing to respond to the needs of our guests.
Entry Level Positions
Event Management Assistant
- Coordinate all event set-up based on predetermined event layout including the set-up of tables/chairs; A/V equipment; recreational equipment; staging; and other equipment as needed.
- Responsible for removal of rental equipment and restoring all activity space to original condition upon event conclusion.
- Provide basic troubleshooting for technology services.
- Perform light cleaning of rental equipment and activity space and maintain rental equipment inventory.
- Individuals must show commitment to customer service and show ability to address potential problems that arise during rental activities.
- Must demonstrate ability to lift at least 50 pounds for this position.
- Oversee technical issues for special events held at ARC and CRCE facilities.
- Responsible for the set-up and tear-down of all audio/visual equipment including but not limited to: projectors; screens; microphones; sound carts; TV/DVD players; audio and power cables.
- Maintain inventories of all equipment used for various events.
- Provide onsite assistance and manage all in-house audio/visual equipment for clients.
- Ensure any equipment provided by clients properly interfaces with Campus Recreation systems.
- Oversee special events held at ARC and CRCE facilities.
- Control facility access for special events.
- Assist outside vendors with needs including access to facility, power, set up concerns, etc.
- Provide onsite assistance with audio/visual equipment.
- This is a security-sensitive position and requires completion of a background check before work may begin
Event Program Assistants
- Conduct follow-up surveys/assessments after event.
- Assist with scheduling of events and room set-up design.
- Assist with day to day communication regarding events or scheduling needs/concerns.
- Assist with the interviewing of new staff
- Creation of training programs for new staff
- Scheduling of new Event Management Assistant training.
- Assist with marketing and outreach efforts for event services.
- Assist with transition from new employee orientation sessions.