Some spaces in the ARC require an online reservation. Read more about the guidelines and steps to submit an online reservation below.
Entering the Building
Access to the ARC requires an active membership and verification of Building Access via the Safer Illinois app before being allowed to enter. If you are waiting for your vaccination card to be verified on the Safer Illinois app, you will need to continue regular testing in order maintain building access. At this time, we cannot verify your vaccination status with your physical card. For more information about obtaining your vaccination verification and questions about the process, visit the campus COVID-19 website.
Patrons without Safer Illinois app access will need to check in at the Member Services desk to fill out a short questionnaire.
Reservations Required for Select Spaces
Online reservations are required for access to the ARC climbing wall, indoor pool, badminton, racquetball, and squash courts. All other spaces in the ARC are open without reservation.
How to Make a Reservation
To make an online reservation, follow the steps below. Reservations open for courts at 7:30am, three days in advance. Reservations last 45 minutes and begin at the top of the hour.
- Login to the Active Illini web portal
- For login instructions, visit the Active Illini informational page
- Click on the “Facility Reservations” button on the homepage
- Select the facility you want to reserve from the list
- Select the date and time you want to reserve and click “Book Now”
- A confirmation email will be sent to you with the reservation information