Some spaces in the ARC require an online reservation. Read more about the guidelines and steps to submit an online reservation below.
Entering the Building
Starting Monday, May 16, per updated university policy, building access via the Illinois app will no longer be required for university-affiliated patrons to enter Campus Rec facilities. Additionally, non-affiliated patrons will no longer be required to answer COVID-19 health-related questions.
To enter, patrons can swipe their i-card/visitor card or continue to scan their QR code in the Illinois app.
Reservations Required for Select Spaces
Online reservations are required for access to the indoor pool (at certain times), badminton, racquetball, and squash courts. All other spaces in the ARC are open without reservation.
How to Make a Reservation
To make an online reservation, follow the steps below. Reservations open for courts at 7:30am, three days in advance. Reservations last 45 minutes and begin at the top of the hour.
- Login to the Active Illini web portal
- For login instructions, visit the Active Illini informational page
- Click on the “Facility Reservations” button on the homepage
- Select the facility you want to reserve from the list
- Select the date and time you want to reserve and click “Book Now”
- A confirmation email will be sent to you with the reservation information