Climbing Clinics & Outdoor Trips
In addition to the ARC climbing wall and rental center, the adventure recreation staff also put on climbing clinics and host outdoor trips for climbers and adventurers of all levels and interests.
Information, dates/times, costs, and registration for adventure recreation programs can be found in Active Illini. Read the directions below to access your account and to register for programs.
- Login to the Active Illini web portal
- Login instructions can be found on the Active Illini information page
- Click the button on the top left corner of the screen to expand the menu
- Click on “Adventure Rec” and then “Adventure Programs”
- Select the clinic or trip that you are interested in registering for
- Click the “Register” button for the trip or instance of the clinic you want to join
- Follow the prompts until you are registered
Learn and practice fundamental climbing techniques (3-day clinic)
Knot tying, belaying skills, and a belay endorsement examination
Intensify climbing experience and learn lead belaying basics, lead climbing, clipping, and safe falling.
Go on a storybook adventure with Ms. Mika! Kids ages 4-6 are welcome to join us for a 1 hour storytime in the cozy Reflection Room at the ARC.
Kids ages 7-10 will learn the basics of rock climbing and practice their skills! No experience necessary.
Teens ages 12-17 will learn the basics of rock climbing and practice their skills! No experience necessary.
- All clinics are held at the ARC Climbing Wall
- Gear will be provided or bring your own
- Cancellation policy:
- Full refund if the clinic is cancelled by Adventure Rec staff or if notice is given 7 days or more prior to the clinic
- 50% refund if notice is given 5-7 days prior to the clinic
- No refund if notice is given less than 4 days prior to the clinic
Join these activity and fun-filled two-hour trips to Chambana’s beautiful parks and nature-preserves. Get outside and meet new people with guided group bonding activities and nature hikes! Register in Active Illini.
- Wear appropriate walking shoes
- Dress for the weather
- Bring any snacks and water you will need
- Transportation not included