Campus Rec Re-Opening
Campus Recreation Re-Opening Plan
We’re thrilled to announce our staged reopening over the next several weeks and can’t wait to welcome you back! Here is some general information about our health and safety precautions, as well as facility reopen dates. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your safety, and that of our staff, is our top priority, and we have implemented health and safety guidelines set by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the University of Illinois. Many of our services, amenities, and activities will be available in stages, and some of our spaces will have new capacity limits based on the guidelines and out of an abundance of caution. Please check out our FAQ page for all questions you may have about our reopening and stages.
Facility Reopening Schedule
At this time, the ARC will be the only Campus Rec fitness facility open. CRCE will be CLOSED and will only be used as a COVID-19 testing location throughout the Fall Semester.
Other Campus Rec facilities will reopen with limited services, amenities, and activities as well as modified spaces and capacity constraints as follows:
Stage 1 – August 17 through August 24
- 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.; CLOSED Weekends
- Cardio & strength equipment, including track
- Locker Rooms/Showers
Stage 2 – August 24 through Semester End
- M-F: 7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.; SAT/SUN: Noon – 8 p.m.
- Cardio & strength equipment, Gym 4 cardio space with dumbbells and benches, including track
- Learn to Swim, Intramurals, Club Sports, Instructional Kitchen, Food Assistance & Wellbeing, Campus Bike Center, Mindfulness Space, Group Fitness, Personal Training, Facility Rentals, Meeting Rooms, MP Rooms, Locker Rooms/Showers, Locker Rentals, Day Use Lockers, Auditorium
- Climbing Wall will open September 15, 2020
- Campus Rec tennis courts due to open August 31, 2020
*Scheduled barring any unexpected issues that would prevent us from opening in a safe and effective manner.