Per university policy regarding individual sponsored on-campus events of over 200 people, patrons age 12 and over will be required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test or proof of vaccination in order to attend public skate.
Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID-19 Test
- For all attendees 12 and older, printed or digital proof must be presented showing full vaccination, or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the event start time. GUESTS AGE 11 AND UNDER ARE NOT SUBJECT TO THIS POLICY!
- University of Illinois students, staff, and faculty can use the Illinois App (Apple | Google Play) or the Boarding Pass showing access “Granted” status in order to enter. (Faculty, staff and students should be aware that due to the recently announced testing requirements after the break, their status will show “Access Denied,” until they receive a negative on-campus test result, even if they are fully vaccinated.)
- Attendees age 12 and over who are not university students or employees but who are fully vaccinated should bring proof of vaccination. Proof of vaccination status should be in the form of a paper vaccination card or a digital image of the vaccination card (with valid ID). We will accept the Illinois App, the Safer Communities app and the State Of Illinois SMART Health Card. Digital proof of vaccination may also be shown in the Walgreens, CVS, Carle, or Christie Clinic mobile apps. Guests should be prepared to show a photo ID along with their vaccination proof upon request.
- Each attendee’s name and the dates of first and second dose (or first dose, if Johnson & Johnson) should be clearly visible.
- Full vaccination requires that the event must be at least 14 days after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or at least 14 days after a single-dose vaccine.
- The Ice Arena will accept the Pfizer-BioNtech, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson vaccine or other COVID-19 vaccines approved by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Attendees age 12 and over who are not university students or employees and cannot provide proof of vaccination should bring a photo ID and either a printout or photo of their negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours before the event. Tests must be administered by a healthcare provider. At-home COVID-19 test results will not be accepted.
- The attendee’s name and the date the test was administered, date the test was processed, type of test, and result of the test should be visible. Name on the test result must match the name on the photo ID.
- People ages 17 and under accompanied by an adult will not be required to show a photo ID.
No testing opportunities will be available for event attendees on site. Prior to arrival guests should have their negative COVID-19 results completed and in hand.
- Check the Ice Arena Calendar below for public skating dates and times
- Discounted $2 admission and $1 skate rental the first Wednesday of every month
- No Friday evening sessions on Illini Hockey home games
Admission and Skates
|Admission||Illinois Students*||Free with valid i-card|
|Admission||Campus Rec Members||Free with valid i-card|
|Admission||Ages 3 and under||Free|
|Admission||Ages 4 and above||$6|
|Skate Rental||All patrons||$3|
|Skate sharpening||General||$5 ($10 for same-day service)|
same-day service not guaranteed
|Skate sharpening||New or custom skates||$10|
same-day service not guaranteed
Punch card for 10 public skating sessions.
- Youth & Adult without skate rental – $45
- Youth & Adult with skate rental – $70
Good for up to 4 family members.
- $30 including skate rental
- $5 per each additional family member
Rates for groups starting at parties of 8 or more including skate rental:
- Small Groups (8-20): $6 each
Can be purchased in advance or at the door.
- Large Groups (21 or more): $5 each
A $50 deposit is required 24 hours in advance.
Have your party on the ice. View our Party Packages and reserve your party today!
- Ice Skating Party
- Illini Hockey Party